The 8 Step Home
- Choosing the Right Real Estate Professional
- Consulting with a Real Estate Agent
- Getting Pre-approved
- Finding the Home
- Making an Offer
- Negotiating the Offer
- Processing the Loan
- Closing & Funding
1. Choosing the Right Real Estate Professional
- Your home is one of your largest, most expensive assets.
- It is important to have the most qualified real estate professional.
- How do you plan to qualify your real estate professional?
- When you choose Stafford ~ Hunter Team you have access to a Team of Full Time, Real Estate professionals with years of experience.
- EXPERIENCE MATTERS
2. Consulting with a Real Estate Agent
We will exceed your EXPECTATIONS!
- We will provide detailed information on properties from the Multiple Listing Service and other sources
- We provide you with information about the market so you can develop an offer including the offering price and other terms
- We will advise you about the importance of a home inspection and other inspections required by law
- Our Team adheres to a strict code of ethics and we are committed to treating all parties to a transaction honestly
- We have a Transaction Coordinator to help with the paperwork and inspections during escrow
- We will run comps so we can determine the fair market value of the home
- We will help you determine the appropriate price
- Our desire is to be your Real Estate Team for LIFE!
3. Getting Pre-Approved
- A mortgage pre-approval will determine how much money you can borrow for the purchase of your new home
4. Finding the Home
Assessing Your Needs – Lifestyle
How you live will help determine where you live
- What is the driving force behind this move? (Job, family, more space, schools, lifestyle, etc.)
- What type of activities
do you enjoy?
Assessing Your Needs – Your Dream Home
Putting together your wish list
- Who will be living in the house? How much space do you think you will need?
- Other considerations include:
Age of home, lot size, kitchen,
baths, layout, style,
- What are three
your new home?
I will set you up to receive “Listing Alerts” so you can be the first to know when new homes matching your criteria come on the market!
5. Making an Offer
How Much to Offer
- Making an offer to purchase involves more than picking a price
- We will review comparable properties in the neighborhood
that have sold recently
Negotiable Terms in the Contract
Other negotiable items in the contract we will discuss include:
- Inspections, repairs and home improvements
- Closing costs, points
or home warranty
- Closing data
6. Negotiating the Offer
Once the offer is submitted,
We will work with you in the negotiations
Inspecting the Property
- Home inspections will serve as an education in the structure and systems of the property you are purchasing
- The inspector(s) will give you information regarding condition, maintenance, lifespan and more
- We will help guide you through the process so you can negotiate repairs for the property based on the review of the inspections
7. Processing the Loan
Now that you have the seller’s final approval, we need the lender’s final approval
Final approval means all conditions on the loan have been removed
There are no liens
on the house
The house appraised
at a value equal to or
greater than the
8. Closing & Funding
Just before settlement, we will make one last inspection of the property to ensure that the home is in the condition we expect
Making Arrangements For Closing
- Homeowners insurance
- Home warranty
- Certified funds for down payment & closing costs
- Utilities and movers
Contact our AMAZING buyer’s agents!
Liz Hunter ~ Realtor/Buyer Specialist
Cathy Christiansen ~ Realtor/Buyer Specialist